First Mother's Day

My Dearest Siena,

Today marks my first Mother's Day as your mommy. I don't know how to express the love I have for you, the joy you bring me or the overwhelming emotion that takes over me whenever I see, breathe or think of you. You have completely changed who I am and for that I thank you.

Your cries make my heart ache. Your smiles fill my soul with happiness. Your mere presence just makes me want to forget that everything else outside of our home and family exists.

I have a renewed purpose in life, a purpose that I will give 200% to never fail. Being your Mother for your almost 6-weeks on Earth has has challenged me in ways that I thought would never overcome both physically and emotionally. But just looking at your precious face, stroking your beautiful hair, feeling you calm down as I rub your back, having you grip your tiny fingers around my finger ... gives me strength to hurdle over every obstacle that has presented itself.

So today I celebrate you. I celebrate the gift you have given me of being your Mother and every second of my life spent with you.

With all my love,

Your Mommy

0 comments: