5 weeks 6 days
Dearest Siena,
You're finally asleep, resting your warm body against me in a sling. The past 48-hours have been rough with this new stage of life involving colic. I feel so helpless with your discomfort, as does your Pops. It kills me to see tears filling up your eyes and streaming down to your hair. :( And you seem to have found the sad, frown face which just makes me want to die.
I hope this stage passes quickly, not for our sake but for yours. No more tears for our little Monkey. I'll stay up all hours of the night if I have to to make you feel comfortable. Pops went out this morning and purchased a new can of the original Enfamil. We're hoping that the Kirkland brand we switched to is the source of the colic and all can go back to normal.
Today you weighed in at 7 lbs 7 oz. You've gained 2 lbs since you were 2 weeks old! And we measured you and your monkey legs yesterday and you were at 20.5". While I hated the forced decision to add formula supplement to breastfeeding, your stats prove that it was the right decision to make.
Gotta feed you soon, Little One. I better finish up the work I'm doing so I can give you my devoted attention.
All my love,
Mommy
Slinging It
Labels: baby weight, colic, food, stats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment