2-weeks post-partum

It's a little hard to believe that I technically should still be at this stage:

39w


Oh blessed wonders!

I have TONS of pix to upload (as does Mike) but my 5-year old PC isn't cooperating with either of my cameras. The new computer should be hooked up soon so a photo explosion should hit this space at that point. I do, however, have maternity shoot photos that I really like:

taken at the W Hotel at 36-weeks, 1-week before Siena's arrival


It's a good think we scheduled the shoot when we did! I'm definitely going to frame some of them for once (something I'm really bad at executing).

How is Siena doing?
Little Miss is finally gaining some weight. She gained 2 oz. over the past two days. Tomorrow is her 14-day appointment and we also have another interview with a separate pediatrician.

On day 5, we noticed a little jaundice so I took her out in the sun for 5 minutes two days in a row per the pediatrician's recommendation. Bad decision as she got a bad heat rash. Poor doll. Today is the first day that no signs of a rash exist. :)

Then over the weekend I ate some hot wings, albeit mild, and Bini had a really rough night on Monday with her tummy. Bad mommy. :( It's all about the blandest of bland foods moving forward. Yesterday she was up for a good portion of the day, checking out everything within her 8-12" viewable world, so it was a fairly easy night. I even tried nursing her from bed and that worked well.

How is Mom doing?
I had a SERIOUS case of the weepies from Day 3-Day 9. Days 3-6 were the worst. I cried uncontrollably for no reason, not even depression. A friend of mine came by and shared what worked for her - getting seratonin levels up with pasta, some beer and Vitamin D...and I'm SO much better now.

My back pain is finally starting to let up; it was more of a pain from adjusting to not having such a big belly. I'm slowly regaining lower ab control for my legs. My left boob is sore as hell. Bini is latching on the same as the other side so I don't know why it hurts so badly. Hopefully a lactation consultant can help me out when I pick up a breast pump rental next week. I also have my 3-week checkup next week as well.

Weight-wise I have 10 lbs to lose. I haven't exercised at all, not even the ab work that my OB/GYN advised to start ASAP. It's time like these that I wish I didn't have 2 businesses to run so I can use that extra time to focus on myself when I'm not focusing on Bini. :sigh: That's the bed I made.

How is Dad doing?
M is doing well. He's had to do a ton of errands almost every day since we came home due to Siena's early arrival. But he has been a great father to Siena and a great caretaker of Mommy. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

How are the poochies doing?
Jango has been my/our shadow since the second we came home. We go upstairs, Jango goes upstairs. We go two floors down, Jango goes two floors down. She has been the best "big sister". Hailey had a rough first week with Bini. H was so confused with everything and seemed depressed. She follows us around but you could tell she just wasn't her usual "Happy Haybot" self which was making me feel miserable. We've been giving her LOTS of extra love and I think she's slowly coming around. She has shown signs of her normal loveable, happy-go-lucky personality over the past couple of days which I've missed.

OK, enough of the novel update. Back to being Mommy.

0 comments: