Week 7

Today I'm 7w3d according to my Doctor's "wheel". Most on-line calculators say 7w4d. Kind of annoying that there isn't a consensus since it's based on the same date.

Yesterday we went in for appointment #2. The Doc said everything's A-OK with my test results so far and that the ultrasound confirmed that the bini is developing just as a 7 week bini should. Bini is the worm looking thing on the left, while the other spot is the yolk sac. We "saw" the heartbeat and I started to cry a little. It's just overwhelming to think, let alone see, that someone is growing inside of you.


Unfortunately I'm writing this with a lot of anxiety. I've had my first bout of spotting today and I'm freaking out. Thank God the Doc called back immediately when we left a message with the exchange service. He said the spotting (brown) was normal and was just leftover blood making its way out from my last cycle. I don't know, though. I just don't have a good feeling about this. The heavier spotting didn't last long and the light spotting stopped completely (all of the spotting took place within a 2 hour span). But when I urinate, wiping does show a really light brown discharge. Yes, I realize spotting is normal and if my Doctor isn't worried then I shouldn't be. But it's in my nature to worry. I'm not having any cramping so that's a positive.

Please God let my baby be ok!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

2) i wouldnt worry too much about brown spotting. its fairly normal. when they did the u/s, did they use the dildo cam? that can kinda, um, stir things up a bit and cause some spotting. same deal can happen after sex, or heavy activity. red spotting is the one you need to worry about. red isnt always bad, but its more likely to be bad than brown is.

Julie Cook said...

Some spotting is not uncommon i dont think esp in the first month or two?

Try to stay calm and not freak out. Unless you feel sick or cramping, everything is most likely okay. Your body is just saying, "who this is kinda weird, what's going on?".

Unknown said...

I completely understand your anxiety over the spotting, but I wanted to let you know that I had bright red spotting a couple of days after a doc visit (and it seemed a little more than actual spotting, but I could've just been extra paranoid) and everything turned out to be okay.

I'm thinking of you!

Me said...

hope all is still ok?
so fun to see the pic.
L