Binito,
This comes way overdue. I've been meaning to get on here but it has just been so hectic.
So the Friday after your 5-month birthday, you accomplished your first crawl! It was more of a caterpillar movement of one foot in length, but you did it nonetheless. There hasn't been too much improvement since then, but you've taken your first steps (no pun intended) to mobility.
Then last week you flipped onto your back from being on your tummy! You've done it several more times since then, but more times than not you just like to cry when you've had enough tummy time.
Last Monday night was rough. We kept going in to flip you onto your back from your tummy. The Doc has us so paranoid of SIDS that I couldn't let you sleep tummy down. Then after two nights of that, some mommy friends suggested letting your cry it out and allow you to sleep that way since you're past the 4-month mark for high SIDS stats. After 13-minutes, you fell asleep and slept for the rest of the night. Even with the video monitor that I'd check every hour, I felt the need to go into the nursery and touch your back as well. That went on for another 2-days so I was a zombie. Then the Angel Monitor I ordered to monitor your breathing arrived, and we've been good to go ever since. I still keep the video monitor on, but I'm going longer stretches of checking on it now that the movement (breathing) detector is in place.
Your 5-month appointment went well.

head: 41 cm
weight: 13 lb 3 oz
height: 25"
You're still on Zantac for your acid reflux, which I think won't be ending any time soon. I've come to grips that you inherited your daddy's tummy issues.
I've lagged this past week in the photo department...these are from a week and a half ago:




And one from yesterday morning:

I look forward to another amazing week with you!
Love,
Mommy
0 comments:
Post a Comment