It has been almost 2 months since I've worked out regularly. And I'm not a yoga person to begin with. But with a studio 5 minutes from my house + the fact that I have a pass with about a dozen sessions left on it, I have no excuse to not go now that I'm working from home.
Well call me out of shape because I was moving so slowly that I got frustrated with myself. On top of that, HELLO PELVIC CAVITY. Good Lord - I couldn't do any of the leg lifts because it hurt my pelvic area so much. And I don't understand why there are so many exercises where you're on the ground when clearly for half of us it takes so long to get back up (not to mention that it's painful).
Having said that, I liked today's instructor. She was more active than the other pre-natal teachers I've had so I felt I got somewhat of a workout (said loosely). I did, however, have a hormonal hit when it came to the meditation part of the workout. I couldn't stop crying. Not the sobbing or heaving type of cry but full on waterworks. I definitely wasn't expecting that.
I hope to get on M's recumbent bike this week and see if that helps me feeling so blah.
Um, OUCH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
oho man, I had some seriously bad hormonal sob fests at yoga....the worst was during a guided visualization where we were to imagine hugging our child as he/she grew up, as comfort for loosing a tooth, for happiness when winning a soccer game, for sympathy at the first broken heart....OMG I'm teary now.
and FWIW, even for someone who did yoga all thru pregancy, that last month was torture. It took me forever to move around, and lunges were sheer torture between Belly of Mammoth Proportions and Swollen Legs. The two things that did make me feel better was doing lots of side openers to expand those ribs, and when we did legs-up-the wall. The latter was a beast to get in to, but omg, the relief on my feet/ankles was worth it.
and finally, I'm rooting for Bini to come on the 20th, so she and Ben can be BD twins :)
Post a Comment