Cramp #4 + Jango + Being Pregnant at a bar

This morning I woke up to the worst of the 4 leg cramps I've suffered this pregnancy. It literally had me screaming because of the pain. Poor Jango, she gets so freaked out when hubby or I show any sign of discomfort. You can see it in her face and she gets so anxious. And lately she has been SOOOOO affectionate and close to both of us. Usually giving her love (rubbing her belly, spooning her, etc.) is on her terms. If she doesn't want to be touched, she'll get up and leave. But over the past month she just lets you love her at any time and she's always by either my side when I'm at home or now ALWAYS by M's side as he recoups from his surgery.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Jangorina.

Last night I attended a Downtown mixer to put in my promotional efforts for the pilates studio. Last month's mixer venue was perfect: small hotel bar with patio allowing for intimate conversations. This month's venue - not so much. It was held at a big, open lounge of a restaurant with a decent sized dance floor. So there was too much space to cover and it was just too club vibe to talk. Anyhoo, it was the first time I felt out of place being pregnant. Forget the fact that I'm of Jabba proportions right now - I seriously got so many stares and yes, some finger pointing. One person who came up to me & my partner actually said "Ohhhhhhh, so YOU'RE the pregnant one." Um, yes - that would be me.

Oh well - I only felt out of place for a little bit. The part of me that enjoys this pregnancy could care less about the points and stares. :)

P.S. Welcome Spring, 2008 and Happy Easter!

0 comments: