Nursery Paint

Last week I finally updated my Pregnancy Organizer that I've had since October:



I reached the area of Things to Buy before the baby arrives and I kind of freaked out. I'm halfway there and all I've really purchased are clothes! EEK!

Right now I have Modest Violet and Tinted Mint practice panels drying:


You'd think that with all of the painting we've had done in the house over the past 4 years that we'd be pretty good at picking paint colors. But at this point of the drying phase, I'm not so confident in those paint color selection skills of ours. The violet is looking really light; much "icier" than how it's looking in the swatch above on my monitor. And the mint, which is much more minty than the sage appearance above, is looking very je ne sais quoi. Hubby keeps saying "It'll be OK" and it's not like I want a dark/bold nursery or anything - I'm just undecided as to how these colors will work. I keep telling myself that once the accent pieces are in, which we will select in darker colors, it'll look fine.

Hm, I'm rambling...maybe I shouldn't have had the paint containers open in a closed room.

Oh and we're getting the crib & dresser/changer set shown here:



but it will be in the white & toffee color combo in this photo:


It's a little more than we had anticipated on spending but we fell in love with the pieces. And we purchased a glider in chocolate brown. The furniture arrives in January - I can't wait!

20w6d

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i was just about to bug you for a 'nursery decor' post! LOVE that crib. I think you'll really like having the extra storage on the end. otherwise such wasted space...

I don't think there's been a woman who HASN'T freaked out at the 'list of stuff to get' and wonder how it will all happen by the time the kid's here. IF you haven't gotten a copy of Baby Bargains, go grab one. It will help make sense of a LOT of random stuff.

Do you want me to email you my list of 'good stuff' that we had/liked?

~katherine / vernacular_life

323 Gal said...

Yes, please! Please e-mail away. Thanks!

casacaudill said...

greens are hard - my boss painted her guest room what she thought was a pretty mint green. it wasn't. it was horrible and bright. neon. i love the furniture you went with.