I had my BUN study testing today.
The BUN study (Biochemistry, Ultrasound, Nuchal translucency) was conceived to evaluate the performance of first trimester screening using PAPP-A, free beta HCG, and ultrasound measurement of the nuchal translucency when introduced into practice.Basically the doctor did an ultrasound to measure a portion of the baby's neck then he took a blood sample (of mine). Based on that they come up with a number based on a scale to determine what the chances are of the baby having Down's Syndrome. From there, if the #'s aren't to our liking, we can decide whether or not we want to move forward with an amniocentesis - which we didn't want to do to begin with. The good thing is that from the U/S itself the doctor said the baby was 11w5d on the dot and everything else looked good, which is a positive start. So now the 1-week wait begins until we get test results. For once I'm going to try to be optimistic about everything and say everything will turn out OK.
My vitamins are KILLING me. No matter when I take them I go through about 30 minutes of nausea because of the lingering taste. Go figure: no morning sickness but 2 pills make me wanna hurl.
8 more weeks until we find out Bini's sex. 2 more days until I officially enter 2nd trimester. While time is flying, it's moving at a snail's pace at the same time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment